Pulcinella... Spit or Swallow

This post will probably be very short and sweet since we tried this restaurant... a few weeks ago, my memory is starting to elude me.

The interior of this restaurant surprised me. It was very contemporary; I was not expecting that. I've got to admit, I really liked the numerous jars of Nutella they had lined up along their kitchen bar table... thing. It's a disgracec that Zarkotic did not notice it, even with his "better than 20/20" vision and love for Nutella. Had I not been sitting in their lounge area, they would have been missing a few jars of those Nutella..

As for the food, we tried their Brushetta Misto which I found plain. It was not bad, but there was nothing special. I could probably go to the nearest grocery store and pick out a few tomatoes and a jar of fire roasted peppers and made the exact same thing. As for the pizza, we decided to get two different kinds (Diavola and... Speck? well, if it wasnt Speck, I'm sure Zarkotic will correct me) and split them. You can search for Pulcinella's menu to see what these pizza's contained. I'm too lazy to list out the ingredients. I was intrigued by the interesting use of ingredients; far from the norm of Canadian or North American pizza, which is a nice change. However, the homemade flat bread was bitter due to the dough being burnt. So as much as I'd like to die young, I would rather die from other means other than cancer; though i'm sure eating the burnt bottom of the pizza took a few years off my life.

So after trying Pulcinella, it has sprung up the idea of creating our own pizza sometime in the future with our own concoction of ingredients, also making our own pizza dough. (this will be fun. keep an eye on the front page headlines for two deaths or a huge house fire). Before that time comes, I'm still willing to swallow Pulcinella's pizza - but keep in mind that Pulcinella's only salvation being it's difference compared to those other pizza parlors where the delivery kid has a face that looks like the mirror image of the pizza being delivered.

Pulcinella
1147 Kensington Crescent NW
Calgary AB
tel: 403-283-1166
Rating: Swallow

0 comments: