Laurier Lounge

Before coming to Laurier Lounge, the last few times we went to eat, I kept on mentioning how I had a craving for Laurier Lounge. That's why we went there again. I had their Filet Mingnon burger, which is what I was craving. It did not dissapoint now, just like the first time I tried it. It is fucking spectacular. We had poutine to start, followed by the burgers. The waitress seemed baffled at how we can eat so much (even though it was me finishing most of the poutine!). For the wine we had, well, read below, it was Wolfberger something. One note, our orders were mixed up. Smiling Vandal got the burger with no onions, which was intended for me - we switched plates rather than asking them to take it back. Overall, the apetizer and main course = fucking delicious.

Now, onto the dessert. The last time we were here, neither one of us ordered dessert. I don't know WTF we were thinking. Their desserts are fucking spectacular. I had the crepes, but tried the creme brulee. They were both pretty orgasmic. After we finished them, the waitress, once again, seemed in awe. Not in enough awe to forget the bill though. Regardless, the desserts at Laurier Lounge are pretty much on-par for the best desserts in Calgary (that I've tried so far). I don't want to downplay the main dishes because those are amazing too. Basically, Laurier Lounge has it all: great meat, great wine, great desserts. Swallow like your life depended on it! 

0 comments: